As governed by Utah law, (U.C.A Title 17, Chapter 21), the Garfield County Recorder’s Office records and maintains all documents and maps pertaining to real estate property (real property), military records and mining documents.

For assessment purposes, the Recorder’s Office maintains a set of ownership plats showing current ownership of all private land parcels within the county.

The office maintains cross-referenced indexes of all records, which date back to 1882. The documents and maps are open for public inspection and copies are available for purchase (copies of military records are available for free).

At this time, documents are not available online and no electronic recording of documents is available.

Contact Info:

Les Barker, PLS, Recorder
Cindy Talbot, Deputy Recorder
Phone: 435-676-1112
Fax: 435-676-8239

Office Hours:

9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Holidays.

Physical Address:

Garfield County Recorder/Courthouse
55 South Main Street
Panguitch, Utah 84759

Mailing Address:

Garfield County Recorder
PO Box 77
Panguitch, Utah 84759-0077

Fee Schedule and Payments


The Garfield County Recorder’s Office accepts cash and checks. Please make checks payable to: Garfield County. Credit cards are not accepted.

Recorder’s Office Responsibilities

Responsibilities of the Garfield County Recorder’s Office includes, but is not limited to the following:

  • Records, stores, maintains and retrieves real property land documents in the public records.
  • Records military discharges and provides certified copies of these documents at no charge.
  • Assists the public in locating records and parcels on ownership plats.
  • Sells copies of documents and plats to the public (documents can be certified upon request for a fee).
  • Maintains ownership plats showing current private ownership for assessment work.

Recorder’s Office Does NOT Provide

The Garfield County Recorder’s Office does NOT provide the following services:

  • Does not prepare legal descriptions for the public.
  • Does not perform title searches or search the records for mineral or water rights.
  • Does not notarize documents.
  • Does not furnish legal descriptions over the telephone.
  • Does not give legal advice.
  • Does not interpret legal documents.
  • Does not prepare legal documents.

Types of Documents Available

The Garfield County Recorder’s Office maintains the following types of documents and maps:

  • Warranty Deeds
  • Quit Claim Deeds
  • Quit Claim Water Right Deeds
  • Tax Deeds
  • Trustees’ Deeds
  • Notice of Defaults
  • Liens
  • UCC Filings
  • Leases
  • Military Discharge Papers
  • Water Documents
  • Subdivision Plats
  • Mortgages
  • Deeds of Trust
  • Deeds of Conveyance
  • Assignments
  • Federal Tax Liens and Releases
  • Notice of Locations
  • Proof of Labors
  • Patented Mining Claims
  • Annexation Documents
  • Annexation Plats
  • District Plats
  • Roadway Dedication Maps